Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: Under direct supervision, provide secretarial and clerical support services to a CHS program or programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Type letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Answer telephone and route calls to appropriate staff members.
- Maintain files and records.
- Arrange appointments for program staff.
- Greet clients and visitors.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail.
- Order and maintain adequate office supplies.
- Manage petty cash fund.
- Prepare mileage/travel vouchers for staff.
- Perform other miscellaneous clerical duties, such as photocopying, faxing,
filing, data entry, maintaining records, etc.
- May record and prepare minutes of staff meetings.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- A minimum of six months secretarial training or work experience
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet application
- Previous work experience in a non-profit organization
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine, multi-line
- Ability to type 45-50 wpm
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written skills
NEEDED: reaching, repetitive motions, sitting, walking
PREFERRED: bending/stooping, carrying, kneeling, lifting, pushing/pulling, standing