We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We’re seeking an Infant/Toddler Teacher to support our growing needs in our Early Head Start (EHS) Program. You will be the primary teacher for infant and toddlers to ensure they have safe and healthy learning environments. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic EHS professional who has a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of children and families.
- Provide the safety of each child at all times through active supervision, effective arrangement of space and materials, and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Carry out childcare routines in a manner that is respectful, prompt, hygienic, and consistent with best practice.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs, and report these signs immediately to the Center Director or designee.
- Operate and maintain the classroom arrangement, appearance, decor, and cleanliness providing compliance with all licensing, Office of Head Start (OHS), and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Regularly observe and evaluate children's development and document progress on individual and school readiness goals.
- Plan and submit complete lesson plans, goals, and resources, as assigned.
- Plan and implement age- and developmentally-appropriate experiences that promote physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development through conversation, play, and creativity, both indoors and outdoors.
- Interact positively with each child throughout all aspects of the daily routine.
- Promote and nurture parent-child bonding and relationships.
- Inform families about their children’s experiences through daily contacts and regularly scheduled home visits and parent conferences.
- Serve as a role model for the children and families, treating them with dignity and respect.
- Pretty strong knowledge about all things Early Head Start
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results,
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change, and
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!
With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.