Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: Assist with the management and coordination of health care services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Coordinates overall health and nutrition services.
- Monitors health records including; immunizations, well-child checks,
vision/hearing screens and dental services.
- Collaborates with nutritional consultant and follows up on nutrition related
- Manages health services data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Disseminates information and provides technical assistance to program staff,
parents and related to changes in health regulations and current health
related best practices.
- May lead and/or participate in health services related committees with
- Provides outreach and builds partnerships with community health agencies,
hospitals, pediatrician offices and health departments.
- Provides assistance to program staff in developing and monitoring special
health care plans.
- Participate in the quality management process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
REQUIRED: All degrees must be from an accredited university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health Administration, Nursing, Health Education
or Community Health
- Two years experience in the coordination of health services for at-risk
children and families
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with pregnant women and children 0-3
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make home visits and travel
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic
- Commitment to effectively and efficiently providing customer satisfaction with
positive service delivery results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Proficiency in All MS Office
- Ability to lead discussions, conceptualize and communicate effectively
- Awareness of socio-cultural characteristics of service population
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to speak multiple languages - English/Spanish preferred
NEEDED: driving, repetitive motions
PREFERRED: bending/stooping, climbing stairs, kneeling, lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking