Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
The Home Visitor provides support and assistance to optimize the home environment for the physical, mental and emotional well being of children who are at risk of being abuse and neglected. Home Visitors will empower families to function successfully by assisting in strengthening the parent – child relationship by improving parenting skills, reducing family stress and meeting needs of parents that promote the healthy grow and development of their children. Overall, the Home Visitor contributes to the CHS high performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results that keep CHS as the premier provider of child, family and behavioral health support services.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Establish a trusting relationship with at risk-families by initiating and maintaining regular client contact.
2. Assist in strengthening parent-child interaction by teaching positive parenting skills and age-appropriate discipline options.
3. Create and maintain client case records and document activities as required by the program requirements.
4. Perform all job functions as set forth by the Healthy Families Florida contractual requirements to ensure the delivery of quality services.
5. Contribute to an engaging, positive work environment.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Education, Licenses and Certifications: All degrees must be from an accredited university.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered