Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
PROGRAM NAME: Early Steps
OBJECTIVE: To guide all client/program data and billing processes for the Early Steps Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Confirm that all monthly billing invoices are processed and entered into the
Early Steps data system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate reconciliation of Early Steps Medicaid and contract billing against
- Prepare and provide all data and reports needed by program management;
monitor data accuracy and interpret data as required
- Research and resolve any billing claim discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain an efficient contract/billing tracking system.
- Monitor and keep management informed of any changes to Early Steps
general and medical billing requirements and procedures.
- Oversee the enrollment process for new external providers and maintain files
and any supporting documentation relating to provider contracts for Early
- Train and oversee accuracy of data entered by all program data staff.
- Work with program management to oversee compliance with Medicaid and
other third party pay sources.
- Determine the appropriate billing party and payer sources.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential and marginal functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of two years in contract billing/accounts receivable experience
- Minimum of two years data management experience
- Valid Florida driver’s license within 30 days of hire
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and identify problem areas or trends
- Ability to train staff
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to travel
- Proficiency in operating office machines
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to travel (limited)
- Knowledge of Web Based Applications
NEEDED: bending/stooping, carrying, driving, repetitive motions, sitting