Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: To teach education curriculum and to lead individual/group discussions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
• Schedule classes/workshops, sites and instruction materials.
• Review curriculum and prepare materials for class.
• Present material, curriculum and video segments.
• Facilitate discussion of class/workshop topic with participants.
• Maintain necessary attendance records and statistical data; complete
necessary reports and forms in a timely manner.
• Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum of two years of experience working with at-risk families and
children or adolescents
• For Unaccompanied Alien Child/Minor Program, bilingual required
• Teaching or training experience
• Ability to interact with diverse cultures
• Ability to lead discussions, conceptualize and communicate effectively
• Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Effective organizational skills
• Effective presentation skills
NEEDED: sitting, standing
PREFERRED: bending/stooping, carrying, kneeling, lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching, repetitive motions, walking