We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We are seeking a Clinical Counselor to join our award winning team. You’ll provide hope, healing, and health to children, teens, and adults through clinical and supportive counseling services. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated Social Services Professional who is determined to do the very best for children in need and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
- Provide clinical and supportive counseling services; individual, group and family therapy, including but not limited to TBOS, Outpatient or BHOS in a CHS office/facility, client homes and school community as necessary.
- Deliver evidence-based treatment intervention (i.e., Trauma-Focused Care, Infant Mental Health).
- Complete billable units and enter applicable data into the Client Information System (CIS) and other data systems in a timely manner as required by the program and/or contract requirements.
- Facilitate psycho-educational classes and/or groups such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, behavior management, substance abuse, MAPP/Pride training, etc.
- Provide case management services including information, plan referral and linkages, where appropriate. Coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals and liaison with outside social service agencies and other organizations.
- Provide in-depth clinical assessment, diagnosis of clinical conditions, treatment plans and intervention under the supervision of a licensed clinician, including one of the following: TBOS, Outpatient or BHOS services (only provided in Residential settings), when necessary.
- Oversee the behavioral program or treatment interventions associated with the client’s treatment plan.
- Participate in peer review process to oversee that services provided comply with contract, Medicaid and licensing requirements, COA, and internal quality assurance standards.
- Coordinate and supervise therapeutic family visitation, when necessary.
- Review and monitor billing for clinical services.
- Train direct care team members regarding components of the individualized treatment plan, when necessary.
- Meet established program productivity goals while upholding the CHS standard of care.
- Pretty strong knowledge about all things Clinical Counseling
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results,
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change, and
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- YOU NEED:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling or comparable human services related degree:
- Two years of professional experience in providing services to persons with behavioral health disorders OR professional experience in providing services to persons with behavioral health disorders and the ability to be supervised by a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA), required
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!
With more than 1,900 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.