We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We’re seeking an experienced Dependency Case Management (DCM) Supervisor to support our growing needs for child case management services. You’ll lead an integrated, strategic care team charged with attending to the needs of children placed in care by the Department of Children and Families, with the end goal of finding permanent, stable, safe home environments for children. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for leadership and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
- Oversee proper client to staff ratio.
- Provide support with in-crisis or problem cases; provide on-going assistance to program staff in coordinating services for clients.
- Collect, analyze and report data in area of supervision.
- Liaison to community agencies such as ADM, DCF, DJJ, etc. and attend closure or conference staffing.
- Oversee that program staff completes all documentation and reports in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in grant writing, contract negotiating or re-accreditation preparation.
- Maintain and generate necessary reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide direct case work in the absence of service staff.
- Conduct face-to-face interview with clients for development of individual treatment plans, and behavioral assessments and provide other direct treatment services.
- Review and approve psychosocial assessments and treatment plans.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities specified in COA Standard TS 3:
- Delegate and oversee work assignment so that service delivery is performed according to the organization's mission, policies and procedures and service philosophy
- Provide case consultation and in-service training, as appropriate
- Identify unmet training needs
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Support and enhance staff's ability to perform their jobs by teaching and modeling technical knowledge and skills, work management and communication skills and conflict management skills
- Supervise direct service personnel and perform responsibilities specified in COA Standard TS 3.08:
- track and monitor the progress of families and individuals receiving services
- collect and apply data to improve client outcomes
- meet the organization's quality improvement and evaluation requirements
- Pretty strong knowledge about all things dependency case management,
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results,
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change, and
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- Master's degree in a human services related field and two years experience in Human Services or Bachelor's degree in a human services related field and four years experience in Human Services
- Must possess a Child Protection Certification
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!
With more than 1,900 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.