Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: Input a variety of data into information systems from drafts and documents consolidating and matching information for input. Proof/validate information entered and assist in resolving problems or locating missing/additional information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Accurately enter all required program information adhering to strict
- Enter program referrals, admissions and discharges, authorizations and
placements, service events, monthly outcomes data, critical incidents and
other miscellaneous information collected.
- Attend weekly unit meeting addressing unit issues, changes, sharing of
information, and offering ideas or solutions to unit issues.
- Perform searches to find information requested by staff such as locating
client, historical information, research client eligibility history, provider
placement histories, and legal status history.
- Query system to access specific information.
- Locate and correct data entry errors.
- Identify where errors are occurring and notify system administrator of
- Perform routine validation sampling.
- Assist with file audits to assess completeness of information.
- Assist in QI file auditing exercises in preparation for federal and state
- Receive consumer and provider calls, log any complaints, respond to requests
or assist in a timely and effective manner by forwarding information to
supervisor for review.
- Assist users via phone on data entry sometimes performed by field staff.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years experience with spreadsheets/databases
- Knowledge of insurance/Medicaid claims
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word
- Travel - Required to work at Broward and Dade office locations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of data validation functions
- Knowledge of quality assurance programs
- Knowledgeable about client information system software
- Knowledgeable in Web Based Applications
NEEDED: repetitive motions, sitting
PREFERRED: carrying, lifting, reaching, standing, walking