Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: To answer incoming telephone calls, greet and direct visitors and provide clerical support
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and direct calls to the appropriate
person/department; take messages as needed.
- Screen people seeking access to the facility.
- Sort and distribute mail daily; prepare outgoing mail and packages; accept
- Perform typing, data entry or other clerical tasks as needed.
- Set-up and maintain client or program files.
- Make photocopies and fax material as requested.
- Run errands as requested.
- Order supplies for the office.
- Handle petty cash fund.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of clerical office experience
- Training in typing, filing, and office procedures
- Knowledge of word processing
- Prior experience as a receptionist in a similar setting
- Ability to speak, read and write English at the high school level
- Basic computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of various types of office equipment (i.e. copier, fax, switchboard)
NEEDED: repetitive motions, sitting
PREFERRED: bending/stooping, carrying, kneeling, lifting, reaching, standing, walking