We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We’re seeking a Learning Development Specialist to provide technical leadership with the production of web-based courses, curricula and the development and maintenance of the agency's Learning Management System
- Use a variety of course development software to develop and/or createmethodology.
- interactive instructional materials based on sound instructional design
- Provide consultation to evaluate the scope of the project and/or
- assess the course development needs; identify instructional requirements in
- order to develop learning objectives and course content and activities.
- Prepare a summary of projects that includes specifications schedule of events
- (e.g., voiceovers, timing, visual effects and animations) and a proposed
- Research content materials such as literature, graphics, video, audio and
- sound effects.
- Develop training evaluation tools such as surveys and pre and post
- assessments Coordinate the daily activities of the LMS such as troubleshooting end-user
- problems, generating reports, consulting and advising on LMS issues, and
- communicate concerns / issues to the LMS technical staff.
- Effectively support the learners, administrators and users of the LMS.
- Work with subject-matter experts to create training curricula (learning paths)
- for categories of learners based on (e.g., jobs, programs, role).
- Evaluate emerging technologies and tools to improve LMS administration and
- course development.
- Participate in the quality management process.
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to use various conversion and design tools
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Knowledge of instructional technology related to online learning
- Knowledge of project management
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability work in a diverse environment
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Services, Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field
- Two years experience in web-based curriculum development
- One year experience in the management/administration of learning management systems
- Two years project management experience
- Master's degree in Instructional Design or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in eLearning development using Captivate or similar course-authoring tool
With more than 1,900 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!