Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: To provide a safe, clean & efficient living and working environment by performing on-going preventative and emergency maintenance tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Make necessary repairs to CHS properties including minor electrical,
plumbing, construction and painting.
- Inspect and maintain property daily so that it is kept neat, trimmed, and free
of debris and other hazards.
- Inspect and maintain interior and exterior light fixtures, walls and windows.
- Inspect and maintain A/C equipment and water treatment equipment as
- Maintain agency vehicles according to maintenance schedule.
- Incorporate preventative maintenance procedures.
- Provide delivery and/or pickup of donated items, maintenance supplies, etc.
- Oversee the proper storage of all hazardous materials and cleaning products.
- Move office furnishings and shelter furnishings as requested.
- Provide on-call support for crisis/emergency situations as required.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in maintenance repair
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
- Post high school vocational or trade school training in plumbing, electrical
repair, carpentry, or construction
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to plan work effectively and to prioritize
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of power and hand tools
NEEDED: bending/stooping, carrying, climbing, crawling/crouching, driving, kneeling, lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching, repetitive motions, sitting, standing, walking