We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We’re seeking an experienced Family Support Worker Supervisor to support our growing needs for case management services. You’ll lead a team of para-professionals charged with attending to the needs of children and families, with the end goal of aiding in the prevention of child abuse and neglect. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for leadership and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
- Review documentation in preparation for weekly supervision meetings; perform file reviews as necessary.
- Review new cases and assign to appropriate staff member.
- Provide crisis case support and resource assistance.
- Oversee quality service by initiating telephone calls to clients and attending home visits.
- Prepare, review, and follow-up on necessary reports.
- Attend meetings with Program Manager, community leaders, and other agencies for feedback.
- Provide family assessment services.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities specified in COA Standard TS 3:
- Delegate and oversee work assignments so that service delivery is performed according to the organization's mission, policies and procedures and service philosophy
- Provide case consultation and in-service training, as appropriate
- Identify unmet training needs
- conduct performance evaluations
- Support and enhance staff's ability to perform their jobs by teaching and modeling technical knowledge and skills, work management and communication skills and conflict management skills
- Supervise direct service personnel and perform responsibilities specified in COA Standard TS 3.08:
- rack and monitor the progress of families and individuals receiving services collect and apply data to improve client outcome
- meet the organization's quality improvement and evaluation requirements.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Working knowledge of the case management field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- Bachelors degree in a human services related field
- Three years of experience working with children and families in a social service setting
- Experience in home visitation with a strong background in prevention services to the 0-3 age population
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!
With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.