We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We’re seeking an experienced Dependency Family Support Worker to support our growing needs for case management services. You’ll be part of a para-professionals team charged with attending to the needs of children placed in care by the Department of Children and Families, with the end goal of finding permanent, stable, safe home environments for children. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
- Assist in developing and maintaining client records and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (initial assessments, goal planning, progress notes termination summaries, etc.); enter necessary information into required software system(s) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist Case Manager, Counselor or Social Worker in providing case management support services (information, assessment, referral and linkages).
- Directly transport or arrange for transportation of clients to medical appointments, counseling, shopping, etc.
- Supervise children during scheduled visits, in-home services, visitation or in other situations as directed.
- Participate in weekly client staff meetings, as requested
- Participate in the quality management process.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make home visits/travel
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Commitment to effectively and efficiently providing customer service satisfaction with positive service delivery results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect client
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening situations effectively
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to observe and accurately report the functioning of individuals and families
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Effective parenting skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of experience working with children/families
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!
With more than 1,900 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.