Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
PROGRAM NAME: Bridges
OBJECTIVE: Provide oversight of the facility, coordinate activities and services offered at the site and provide administrative support to Program Management staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
• Oversight of facilities such as coordination of space planning and
• Collect and maintain supporting data / information for all designated service
• Coordinate data collection (such as surveys, attendance at events, pre/post
test scores) among program staff, service partners and programs.
• Support the scheduling of events and activities such as parent / family
activity night or workshops.
• Maintain the Community Calendar for events and activities.
• Provide administrative support, which may include clerical duties, database
entry and maintenance.
• Provide meeting support, take and transcribe notes to produce meeting
minutes, prepare and distribute handouts, etc. May need to travel to attend
• Provide coverage as receptionist and perform tasks such as answering
telephones, opening and distributing mail, etc.
• Order and maintain adequate office supplies.
• Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of administrative support experience
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Experience working in a social service or non-profit organization
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to speak, read and write English at the high school level, including
accurate spelling and grammar
- Ability to type 45-50 wpm
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Knowledge of community / County resources
NEEDED: bending/stooping, carrying, lifting, reaching, repetitive motions, sitting, standing, walking
PREFERRED: climbing, crawling/crouching, driving, kneeling, pushing/pulling