Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the overall maintenance of the facilities, including fire/safety, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and for coordinating and supervising a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of the facilities. Oversees contractors for property maintenance as needed. Leads and directs the work of maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Recruits and supervises maintenance staff to provide adequate coverage and
follow –up of facility work orders.
- Coordinates the comprehensive preventative, routine, and planned
maintenance for the facility buildings, land, systems, and equipment.
- Schedules and assigns maintenance staff to perform daily work orders.
Monitors work in progress for safety and compliance.
- Performs a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services
including: maintenance and repairs on structures, skilled construction, and
- Performs minor heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical repairs as
- Performs preventative maintenance to identify potentially unsafe conditions,
and performs corrective measures.
- Schedules and coordinates, with both personnel and outside
contractors/vendors, all maintenance and construction activities. Exercises
discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled
- Performs and oversees contractors performing lawn, landscaping and
walkway maintenance, and special construction/repair projects. Supervise
and monitor service contractors while they are working on CHS property.
- Monitors, coordinates and documents fire inspections, fire drills, vehicle
maintenance, cleaning services, alarm services, pest control and warranties.
- Requests bids, retains and evaluates external vendors in compliance with
- Responds to facilities work orders in an efficient and effective manner.
Documents and reports on an ongoing basis status of work orders.
- Provides 24 hour on-call for crisis/emergency situations.
- Compiles accurate documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Recognizes reports and repairs any detected deterioration, repair needs and
maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Travels to all facilities to provide and coordinate maintenance services.
- Oversee compliance with all government regulations, including OSHA.
- Participates in the Divisions efforts related to expense management as
- Coordinates and participates in the pick-up, delivery, and storage of furniture,
files, and equipment as needed.
- Oversee the proper storage of all hazardous materials and cleaning products.
- Maintains adequate inventory of housekeeping and janitorial supplies.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities specified in COA Standard TS 3:
o Delegate and oversee work assignments so that service delivery is
performed according to the organization's mission, policies and procedures
and service philosophy
o Provide case consultation and in-service training, as appropriate
o Identify unmet training needs o conduct performance evaluation
o Support and enhance staff's ability to perform their jobs by teaching and
modeling technical knowledge and skills, work management and
communication skills and conflict management skills.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Five to seven years of related work experience in facilities management,
including maintenance repair and/or construction
- Two - Five years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, hazardous materials and other government
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, or related field
- Demonstrated project management skills, including excellent follow through
for multiple projects at multiple locations
- Maintains professional appearance and demonstrates professional altitude at
- Able to work under pressure, remain calm, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Able to assess a situation and determine appropriate method of repair
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate
information in an organized and clear manner
- Excellent internal and external customer service
- Has computer skills and ability to learn/operate software programs
- Commitment to effectively and efficiently providing customer satisfaction with
positive service delivery results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel
- Possess abilities specified for supervisors in COA Standard TS 3.07. Ability
o Address interpersonal barriers and strengths in his/her staff
o Empower those receiving supervision
o Offer criticism in a constructive manner
o Understand employment and labor laws
NEEDED: bending/stooping, carrying, climbing, crawling/crouching, driving, kneeling/squatting, lifting (up to 20 pounds), pushing/pulling, reaching overhead, repetitive motions, standing, walking