We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We’re seeking an Early Childhood Educator Aide to support our growing needs for early childhood education services. You’ll Assists in supervising an assigned group of children with the goal of helping them learn, play, and grow! This is an excellent opportunity for a positive and dedicated early childhood education professional who has a passion for children’s development and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
- Assist in developing and maintaining age-appropriate lesson plans and program materials to comply with State mandated and/or program specific requirements.
- Assist with delivering program and curriculum in compliance with agency policies, COA standards, Florida Statutes, etc.
- Assist in supervising individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills, such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others and using play equipment, good health habits and other self-help activities.
- Recommend supplies and equipment required for the program.
- Report maintenance / equipment repair needs.
- Model appropriate behavior and instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth while maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Assist in supervising children in classroom, playground and lunch/snack activities.
- Assist in noting each child's development through observation and assessment tools and report any development areas that may need attention.
- Participate in creating consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with each child's family
- Maintain a clean, safe, healthy, enjoyable and respectful environment; clean classroom and sanitize toys and equipment, as required by Florida Statutes.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with administrators, supervisors and other staff.
- Attend program, administrative and staff meetings as designated.
- Complete State of Florida and program-required training within required timeframes and remain current in order to meet/maintain requirements; maintain record of certifications / training completed.
- Report incidents and accidents within required timeframes and in accordance with Children’s Home Society of Florida’s policy and procedure.
- Working knowledge of the early childhood education field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year direct experience or training in the care of infants or very young children and their needs for consistency, kindness and appropriate stimulation, in a group setting
- Must have completed or begin DCF’s Introduction to Child Care Training within 90 days of employment and complete the training within 12 months.
- Must have completed or complete DCF’s Early Literacy and Language Development training within 12 months of date of employment
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of hire
- Valid Florida Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!
With more than 1,900 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.