#MyCHSWhy Shanda Whitfield from Children's Home Society Florida on Vimeo.
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
As an Early Head Start Home Visitor you will support our growing needs for Early Head Start services. You’ll provide in home education, support, and encouragement for program participants with the goal of helping children meet key milestones so they are ready for school. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for child development and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment. Hourly rate: $14.25.
- Conduct weekly home visits of at least 90 minute duration to Early Head Start children and their families.
- Deliver child development curriculum during home visits and in family group activities.
- Facilitate family group activities and socialization experiences.
- Provide education and support services to families.
- Conduct screening and developmental assessment of participant children.
- Work with families to develop appropriate goals as part of family partnership agreements.
- Encourage parental involvement in curriculum planning, program governance and other aspects of the Early Head Start Programs.
- Monitor and evaluate children’s health status, medical appointments and nutrition.
- Provide information and referral as needed.
- Advocate on behalf of program participants.
- Document program activities and progress.
- May transport clients.
- Use Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, to perform essential functions.
- Perform data entry into applicable databases.
- Working knowledge of the Early Head Start field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, and Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA) credential OR
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent college coursework OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education (with certification to work with birth to 6th grade), Family and Consumer Sciences, Exception Student Education, Special Education, Human Development, Nursing, Psychology, Sociology, or Social Work or related field
- Non Early Childhood Education or related Bachelor’s degrees (not mentioned above), Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or equivalent college coursework, required
- Experience working with children ages birth to five
- Two years experience working with young children and families in a human services setting
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!
With more than 1,900 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.