Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
OBJECTIVE: To support dependency case management service delivery.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
• Assist in developing and maintaining client records and program
documentation according to contract and CHS standards (initial assessments,
goal planning, progress notes termination summaries, etc.); enter necessary
information into required software system(s) in a timely and accurate
• Assist Case Manager, Counselor or Social Worker in providing case
management support services (information, assessment, referral and
• Directly transport or arrange for transportation of clients to medical
appointments, counseling, shopping, etc.
• Supervise children during scheduled visits, in-home services, visitation or in
other situations as directed.
• Participate in weekly client staff meetings, as requested
• Participate in the quality management process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Two years of experience working with children/families
• Previous experience in a social services organization
• Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to make home visits/travel
• Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
• Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic
• Commitment to effectively and efficiently providing customer service
satisfaction with positive service delivery results
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a diverse environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect client
• Ability to establish trusting relationships
• Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening situations effectively
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Ability to observe and accurately report the functioning of individuals and
• Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Effective parenting skills
• Excellent listening skills
NEEDED: bending/stooping, carrying, driving, lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking
PREFERRED: climbing, crawling/crouching, kneeling, repetitive standing